PolyGard®2 Sensor Board SB2-X-XXXXXXXX GasAlarm
Sensor board with RS 485 interface for integration of the Sensor Cartridges SC2.
Up to three Sensor Cartridges (SC2) can be connected to the sensor board via local bus. The SB2 facilitates power input for the SC2 cartridges and makes measured data available for digital communication. Communication with the DGC 06 controller takes place via RS485 fieldbus interface with DGC06 protocol. Other communication protocols for direct connection to BMS are available as well.
The sensor cartridge is connected to the local bus via a simple plug connection. This allows for simple exchange of sensor cartridges, instead of complicated on-site calibration. Internal routines are activated when exchanging process has begun and the exchanged sensor cartridge will start measurement mode automatically. LEDs indicate the successful implementation of the exchange operation.
The sensor cartridge can be on-site calibrated via the DGC06 service tool with the integrated, comfortable calibration routine.
The PolyGard®2 Sensor Board SB2 is used for integration of the SC2 Sensor Cartridge(s). The PolyGard®2 Remote Board RB2 is used to add a SC2 cartridge via local bus which allows the deployment of SC2 at heights appropriate to certain gases. For example in the Netherlands the carpark monitoring is required to have NO2 CO & LPG monitoring, as the NO2 and CO relative gas densities are low they will require deployment at the roof, whereas LPG will require deployment close to the floor as its relative gas density is higher than air.
- Digital measurement value processing including temperature compensation.
- Internal functional control with integrated Hardware Watchdog
- Data / measured values in micro controller Sensor Cartridge, therefore simple exchange of SC uncalibrated to calibrated.
- Up to three different Sensor Cartridges
- Sensor Cartridge can be mounted remotely with Remote Board (RB2), therefore adaptation to necessary mounting heights possible.
- Software according to SIL2 compliant development process
- Modular Technology (plug-in and replaceable)
- Easy maintenance and calibration by exchange of the sensor cartridge or by comfortable on-site calibration
- Serial RS 485 interface with protocol for DGC06. Modbus as an option.
- Revverse polarity protected, overload and short-circuit proof
- IP65 version (housing type A)
Built for a standard output of RS485, this sensor board is compatible with the PolyGard 2 series controllers the DGC as well as any other digital electronic control or automation system.